Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summah Time, Strawberries & The Carolina Coast...

Being a college student at any age drains the bank account, as we all know.  But we were very blessed to have the chance to go and spend a few days at my grandmothers beach house back in May after the kids got out of school.  We had such a fun relaxing time and the kids were in heaven spending their days playing in the sand.  We only saw one jellyfish {even though Christopher thought it was from Nemo and tried to go and play with it....rolling eyes at my fearless son} and we managed to escape with a slight tinge of sunburn on the boys  backs after the first day.  Here are some photos from our trip!


Day 1 so excited they didn't know where to start


"Mommy look at me I can do it" {He was fresh out of his cast and in a walking boot so taking it off at the beach was an experiment that ended in heavy amounts of motrin at night and ice packs where his foot was swollen}


On the waterway headed to get hot dogs and ice cream


First night at the beach {We have not made it to the sand yet....see the anticipation in their eyes!!}


There was a perfect little canal that formed making a little wading pool for them that was deep enough to swim and play but safe enough from the rip


Strawberry Festival 2012....again with the ice cream:)  My babies can throw back some ice cream!

Up next...my adventures in travel as I head to Florida to visit my brother and his family for a few days next month!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great vacation! Thats a cute bunch of kiddos you have. My little guy loves the beach as well. Have a great summer and thanks for the kind comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete